Tuesday, July 14, 2009

The road goes on forever but the party has just begun...

I have to admit the first day at Camp Summit was the longest day I ever experienced.  As we traveled back to the church last night the common saying among our vehicle was..."Is it still Monday?"  In my head I was thinking it was at least Thursday and as we got back to the church Earl was packing his bags.  I asked him why, and he thought it was already Friday night!   

Seriously, the day was long...but oh was it good.  One of our prayers is that God would stretch us and break those that needed to be broken.  And guess what????  It is happening!  

Solomon tells us in Proverbs that...

"He who oppresses the poor shows contempt for their maker, but whoever is kind to the needy honors God."  

God we give you thanks for the chance to honor you this week!  May our lives be drastically changed forever!!!!

A few names...
Chris, Koby, Evan, Tiff, Aaron, Michael, Josh, Ricky, Lindsay, Ben, Bryan....may we never forget you!!!






1 comment:

  1. Please know that you all are a great blessing for the families of the special needs kiddos you cared for at Camp Summit. Know that God has a plan in everything...ps, John, we understand the "longest day ever" comment at the Hare house!!And yet very gratifying, eh?
    Precious ministry..

    ReplyDelete