Tuesday, April 6, 2010

A wake up call...

Have you ever had a time in your life that you felt as if the you were blindsided by something that came out of nowhere. Last night we answered the proverbial phone of our "wake up" call!

The night went as usual. Daddy got home around 5:30 pm, okay sweeite, maybe a little later and found Jordan, Ava, Terah, and his beautiful wife sitting at the table eating a wonderful meal. As I sat down and begin to enjoy the family dinner an inner clock was counting down within my head of our meeting later that night. The evening consisted of putting together a new plastic swimming pool for the kids, chilling with Jordan, Ava, and TK, and spending some much needed time with my wife. As the bedtime quickly approached, we settled the twins down in their bed and I jumped into the shower. In just a little while the couple would be here to radically change our insight within the scope of what once was our "ordinary world."

As I jumped in and out of the shower and settled down on the couch with my wife and daugther, the doorbell rang, and the couple walked in.

For the next 3 1/2 hours, I found myself confronted with something that I did not ever want to be faced with, Something that not only would possibly change my world forever but intimately invovle one of my children for the next, who knows how long! What I wanted to hear from this awesome couple was not what I wanted to hear. I wanted to hear that it would all be okay and that these things that we thought were occurring was something that we were imagining and it too would pass. But as the couple continued to talk, the reality of what is could not be avoided.

So where are we now? On the first day of the rest of our lives! To be honest, I really do not understand why and I was really upfront with God this morning in my journal. As we continue this journey, please pray for us in this expedition that we travel.

Praise God for the couple that walked with us last night and opened their lives to us. Praise God for a wonderful wife that is amazing in all she does! Praise God for the way He is showing me that I do not have control over my life and that He wants all of us! Praise God for the verse shared with us last night from Isaiah 61:1-3.

God you are with us! We love you...

No comments:

Post a Comment