Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Do you ever blow it?

I do and I did last night! I was short with my wife and children and rude to my older son that lives with us. You want to hear the reason why? Because I was tired! What a joke, right?

What is this a sign of? That I haven't reached the state of "perfection in Christ." To be honest with you we will not reach this place until we are in "heaven" with our Jesus. So here is some advice from someone who blows it at times:

1. Acknowledge you are not perfect, but you are a work in progress.
2. Repent, or turn, from this way when you realize what you are doing.
3. Seek forgiveness from those that are on receiving end of our imperfection.
4. Move on! Do not beat yourself up. Remember Satan is an accuser, Jesus is the forgiver!

Finally use you "screwing up" as a teaching moment for thsoe around you.

After taking a shower and before getting in bed, I felt the need of talking to Terah about the night. The following was our dialogue:

"Terah, I blew it tonight!" She replied, "What do you mean dad?" I responded, "I shouldn't have sent Jordan to bed...I knew he was joking." She replies by saying, "Oh, well that is okay dad!" "Terah, I want you to know that I am going to blow it at times and do things I shouldn't do." "I know dad, we all do, right?!?!" "Yes you are right, Terah." "Hey TK, I love you!" "I love you too dad!"

2 Corinthians 5:17

1 comment: