We just finished watching the movie letters to God. As I sat and watched the movie it was as if another movie was playing simaltaneously, but the other movie was a reality a few years ago.
The rest of this blog is a letter to the girl that taught me so much about life in Christ as she courageously battled cancer for almost three years.
Dear Breanna:
Okay so honestly as I begin to write this letter to you I cannot help but smile. I remember each time I would walk into your house or hospital room you would always crack jokes, but most of the time they were at my expense.
I remember the first day at Cooks in Denver when you told the Dr in the ER that you saw three people when there were only two, saying one was Jesus.
I remember the time that Earl and I moved you up in your bed and you screamed like you were in pain and then started laughing.
I remember the long talks about the present and what the future held...have to admit those were hard at times.
I remember you letting me rub your fingernail even though you thought was weird.
I remember the way you smiled and would talk about boys.
I remember your love for Jesus and the way you would share Him wherever you would go.
Breanna...thank you for allowing me to be one of the blessed ones to journey with you.
I love and miss you.
No comments:
Post a Comment