This hit me today, actually just a few minutes ago while I was sitting here praying! This Christmas will be very different for two reasons! You see, in January we were blessed to receive Ava from Haiti after the earthquake! Although this is Ava’s fourth official Christmas in the sense of being alive on December 25th, this will be her first Christmas in the idea of experiencing all their is to experience! First and foremost a family, a family that loves her and surrounds her with all kinds of expressions of comfort! It will also be the first of Christmas trees, presents, food, the manger scene, Rudolph, Santa, candy canes, Christmas Eve, etc. We cannot wait to experience this with her! It is going to be so huge!
But with that said, it will also be the last Christmas for my very special Pawpaw! You see in the next few days he will pass on to his reward! For the remainder of my life I will not see Pawpaw on December 25th! No more hugs, holding of hands, or his laughter and smile that would brighten the room at Christmas. No more of him slowly opening his Christmas presents with his knife only to patiently fold the paper back into a small pile that could be reused! I will miss this!
Even as I write this, God is speaking peace to my words and thoughts by saying that although it will be his last Christmas here on this planet, it will be his first Christmas among the one that Christmas is all about! How cool is that, to be able to go home during a celebration of Christmas. It will be a true Christmas for him this year! Why? Christmas is simply, “more Christ!” This Christmas he will have more of Christ for Pawpaw than he ever had before!
I love seeing your post on FB, I love youre family & most of all I love your Papa! I think of Susie song every time I see him... To find yourself Faithful! We have the kind of Christian experiences because of the ones that came before us,Your Papa! Thanks John for sharing your love & life! Give Christi & the kids our love!!
ReplyDelete