Monday, April 26, 2010




Yesterday was a unique experience at 10.01, our Student Ministry service at Trinity Bible Church. As I am processing all that went on yesterday I am so anxiously excited.

We were supposed to be wrapping up our 3 week series on Simplifying our lives, but as I was headed up to the front to begin to share this message, God begin to stir and tell me to be still and wait on him. As I grabbed the stool and took my place I looked out and saw 60+ eyes of high school students staring back at me.

God begin to urge me through his Holy Spirit to ask the following question.

"So, how many of you guys are thinking about dropping out on Jesus when you graduate from high school?"

The room was silent for a while and then a student raised their hand in the back of the room. With the hand raised, I asked this person, why? The person begins to tell me that when they tell others that they are a Christian, people have a negative view of them. I replied with another question, this time to the entire group; "Why do you think they have a negative view of Christians?"

Another student spoke up and said it is because we do not look anything like the Christ we follow. Boom, dead on!

As we continue to discuss our Christ and our experience in following Him, students begin to share their own stories of what their experience of Christianity has been to them and for them. As we were running out of time, I closed with the following question...

"Okay guys, be honest...how many of you truly have no idea what it is to follow Christ?" What happened next was revolutionary...about 95% of the hands went up in the room with them being honest in not knowing what it means to follow Jesus!

Today, a movement started with a group of students. You see, when we begin to take a honest look at ourselves, or as James says look into the mirror and see something wrong, there is a chance for a freedom and movement to begin.

On April 25th at 10:01 a movement started. Where it will take us only God knows. Looking forward to this Sunday!

I love you guys and you will never know how much you stretch me in your own journey!

1 comment:

  1. Go, John, go!
    Or should I say go, Jesus, go!

    Dude! and this summer you have that awesome thing planned, and now with this as a pre-requisite... I think some awesome things are coming up. you and christi are great. I love how you guys listen to God and seeing the crazy ways He takes you. You're inspirational

    ReplyDelete